Thursday, July 1, 2010

I think i'm turning Danishese, I think i'm turning Danishese, I really think so.

Ugh,
So it's 7:30am here... I've been up since 5am. I don't know if it's because i'm jetlagged or if it's because I live in a city where large trucks like to park outside my window at ungodly hours and bang things around. Not to mention the garbage trucks come early too...
Or maybe it's the fact that the sun rises at 4am and my room is basically like one huge window, NONETHELESS, i'm not complaining... just perplexed as to why i'm consistently waking up at this hour... even after staying out until 3am...




PLAY
I really couldn't have asked for a better group of people to live with, literally my whole apartment (all 3 floors of 8 double occupancy rooms) is filled with good peoples. (5 of them are architecture boys from Oregon!) Also 2 of my better girlfriends just moved into my apartment, switching from a Kollegium(college dorm-like thing) about 20 minutes away. They said it was dirty, scary and a ghost-town. SO glad I didn't choose to live in a Kollegium! Where I live could compared to like SOHO of nyc or the Pioneer Square of Portland, SO amazing.

A perk of living with all Architecture/Design kids is that we have the same views on life. We realize that having class at 8:30am every morning is very brutal, therefore we don't feel the need to go out until the wee hours of the morning everynight. BUT last night my whole building went out (for the first time since we've been here) to a REALLY fun dance club, Danish people still really confuse me though... such weird beings.

WORK
My textiles class is really awesome. The main instructor is Malenea Christiansen, a big textile designer in Denmark.. she has designed for stores like H&M and also has her own business.
The first day we learned how to format patterns. Although most patterns look like they're just thrown onto a surface, there really is a scientific method to how elements are placed.
Our professor advised that we started very simple to get the layout down, then we could move onto more advanced designs.
Here are some pictures of what I worked on


No comments:

Post a Comment